10 Most Dangerous Islands In The World
10 Most Dangerous Islands In The World
► Subscribe: http://goo.gl/vHN6qB
For copyright matters please contact us at: [email protected]
There are many beautiful islands all over the planet. Some of them are beautiful destinations which many people head to for vacation spots or just to get away from society. But stunning as they may be, there are islands that hold just as much danger as they hold beauty. Check out these 10 Most Dangerous Islands In The World.
10. Tristan da Cunha - The British island group of Tristan da Cunha stands profoundly alone in the South Atlantic. It’s the world’s most remote inhabited island. It is so precariously occupied that when a volcanic vent erupted in 1961, the whole population was evacuated to England.
9. Rockall Ireland - Don't be embarrassed if you've never heard of Rockall. Most people haven't. It's probably because Rockall is one of the most desolate, despairing places on earth. This tiny island is constantly buffeted by 34-knot winds and pummeled by 30 foot and occasionally higher ocean swells.
8. Bear Island - Bjornoya, better known as Bear Island, is the southernmost island in the Arctic Archipelago of Svalbard, 400 miles north of mainland Europe -- but only on paper, given that it's almost 150 miles south of the Norwegian island chain with which it's lumped.
7. Ramree Island - Ramree Island is considered to be one of the most dangerous in the world after harboring a dark secret which resulted in the of hundreds of people. The island off the coast of Burma was a big part of World War II with some battles taking place within it. In 1945, British soldiers drove Japanese fighters off the main part of the island into the dense mangrove forests.
6. Farallon Islands - Named for the Spanish farallón, meaning a rocky pillar jutting from the sea, the Farallones was called “the devil’s teeth” by sailors in the 1850s for their ragged profile and treacherous shores, the cause of many a shipwreck.
5. Hashima Island - located 15 kilometers from Nagasaki, is reputed to be a tourism heaven on earth. However, it contains the graves of hundreds of Chinese. Hashima Island could once claim the title of the most densely-populated spot on the planet.
4. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is the world’s largest collection of floating trash, and for whatever reasons aside from human stupidity, is the most famous. It lies between Hawaii and California and is often described as being “larger than Texas,” even though it contains not a square foot of surface on which to stand.
3. Saba Island - The island of Saba rises majestically from clear azure waters, stretching its summit to caress the clouds... It is like no other Caribbean destination. Untouched by the quickening pace of the modern world, an island caught within a moment.
2. Miyake-Jima, Japan - About 160 kilometers south of Tokyo is the town of Miyake-Jima, sitting at the base of the volcano that shares its name. This town is covered with a cloud of harmful Sulphur dioxide gas, spewed into the air by volcanic eruptions. The area’s cold and heavy weather systems make it worse.
1. The Island of the Dolls, Mexico - The Island of the Dolls, or in Spanish, La Isla de las Munecas, is one really creepy spot. The island, which is fairly close to Mexico City, is overflowing with dolls hanging from trees. Myths abound about the island.
We hope you enjoyed our video, let us know in the comments which one you think is the most dangerous. And if you liked the video, click the subscribe button and you’ll be notified when we release a new one. We appreciate you and want to thank you for watching. Car Ratings and Awards | J.D. Power Awards and Rating, 10(d) Composition of Rocks - Physical Geograph, Wealth And Money :: d20srd.or, 10 Most Important Business Objectives | Chron.com, Eviction Rankings | Eviction La, Most Expensive Paintings, top 10 most expensive paintings ever sold, Ten Most Wanted — FB, Experience Travel | USA TODAY, D A Y G L O A Y H O L E, Fastest Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2014-201,